Glastonbury Tor Photography Workshops at Dawn
Learn how and where to take great photographs of and on Glastonbury Tor
With Michelle Cowbourne (@glastomichelle) ~ Visions of Somerset
Wednesday and Sunday dawn sessions available ~ please specify day and date in the notes section when you book.
- Meet 30-45 minutes before sunrise at the bench near the Tor bus stop.
- Quick chat about aims and expectations for the day.
- Walk slowly up the Tor talking about the light and what we hope will unfold as the sun rises.
- Walk around at the top looking at various vantage points depending on time of year. Basic guide to composition.
- 45-60 minutes photographing the location/sunrise with the aim to capture the tower and/or the view.
- Walk back to Old Oaks possibly along Stonedown Lane/Paradise Lane so we can capture views on the way
- Back to Old Oaks for coffee and a chat about our photographs and possibly some editing/viewing of peoples photographs. Up to an hour.
- Summary of the days events and possibly view 12 of Michelle's favourite images from each month showing how the light and scene varies. 30 mins.
Approx 4.5 to 5 hours in total
What to bring
Camera or camera phone, walking boots or sturdy shoes, raincoat and any other clothing to cover all weather eventualities, food/drink/snacks.
Ideally, the weather will be kind and the sun will shine, however, be fully prepared to venture out regardless of whatever mother nature throws at us. Great shots can be taken no matter what the weather. Only heavy rain, strong winds or conditions deemed to be dangerous will spoil our fun! Flexibility on dates / days may be possible. Please contact Michelle directly.
NB, This session is not about learning / teaching you how to use your individual camera, but is all about gaining first hand knowledge in where to take the best photos of The Tor. It's about composition, position and location. Lots of tips and tricks provided.
For further information about the courses contact Michelle direct:
Back to workshop details: bit.ly/3qc9oqm
Max persons 4. Min of 2 (unless you choose a one to one session).
Please specify in the notes section of your booking, which day and date suits you best (Wednesday or Sunday + date). Also mention if you're staying at Old Oaks or not.